Halton District School Board hosting Calling all Three-year OldsOpen Houses over the next several weeks
Beginning school is a big step for children and parents and the Halton District School Board wants to make that transition as smooth as possible. In November and December, future students and their parents/guardians are invited to attend one of five Kindergarten Open Houses to learn more about starting school.
Drop by any one of the following open houses between 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
Georgetown:– Ethel Gardiner Public School (14365 Danby Road)
Burlington:– Bruce T. Lindley Public School (2510 Cavendish Dr.)
Milton:– Tiger Jeet Singh Public School (650 Yates Dr)
Acton:– Robert Little Public School (41 School Ln)
Oakville:– West Oak Public School (2071 Fourth Line)
At the Open House, students and parents will:
- Explore a Kindergarten classroom
- Learn about play-based learning
- Pick up information and resource material in a free backpack
- Access information about community agencies and resources in Halton
- Get information about before and after school care
- Connect with special education staff to discuss any developmental concerns
Children born in 2013 can start Kindergarten in September 2017. Registration for Kindergarten begins in January 2017 and takes place at the school your child will attend.
Parents with questions about the Calling all Three-year Olds Open House event can visit www.hdsb.ca.
View our video to see what you will learn about the Board’s Kindergarten program.